Welcome to Writing Research and Methods. This website is the official class site for Dr. Mia Zamora’s graduate course ENG 5002. The course is one of two required courses for the Master of Arts in English-Writing Studies. It provides students with an overall introduction to the field of Writing Studies as a discipline, and prepares them to write a research-based thesis project. Designed to bring graduate students together for the purpose of exploring significant concepts or issues in their area of graduate specializations, this course will help students to:
- identify key theoretical contributions associated with schools of research within composition studies and writing studies;
- analyze a range of research paradigms suitable for composition studies and writing studies;
- Identify key theoretical contributions associated with different approaches to research;
- explain the major theories of composing and teaching writing;
- apply, examine and practice the different parts of the writing process;
This website will serve as our collaborative e-locale for sharing our on-going work and resources as we connect with other scholars and co-learners outside our formal seminar.